Announcing the 2016 class of the Royal Oak High School Hall of Fame! The public is invited to the ceremony at Royal Oak High School 1:30 PM* on Sunday, December 4, 2016 with keynote speaker, inductee Dr. Mona Hanna-Attisha. Admission is free.
* The ceremony's start time was moved forward 30 minutes on October 22nd. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Julie (Boledovich) Farhat (Class of ‘99): Community leader and founder of Mind Over Matter (MOM), a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting mental health awareness and suicide prevention. To date, the annual MOM Race in Royal Oak has raised $250,000 for local brain research, suicide prevention programming and crisis intervention services.
- Anne Hartrick Cook (Class of ‘75): Royal Oak Schools paraprofessional who survived a catastrophic accident as a 19 year-old, but went on to earn a college degree. She raised a family and serves many schools in the district, not missing a single day of work since she began in 1999.
- James Curnow (Class of ‘59): Composer of over 400 works for concert and brass band, orchestra and choir--commissions include the US Army Band, the Tokyo Symphony Orchestra and the Michigan State University bands.
- Cynthia DeAlmeida (Class of ‘77): Internationally honored and recorded oboist featured with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra.
- Marie Donigan (Class of ‘72): Michigan State Representative with service in education, health care, public transportation and the economy.
- Mona Hanna-Attisha (Class of ‘94): Pediatrician who helped expose the high levels of lead in Flint’s water supply. Named Time Magazine’s Time 100 Pioneers.
- Melinda Jayne Loftin (Class of ‘74): Ethics Official for the US Dept of Interior, US Air Force and the White House.
- Alexander Maximovich (Class of ‘67): Director of Gynecologic Endoscopy at William Beaumont Hospital, award-winning doctor and teacher featured on radio and television over 240 times.
- Daniel Polsgrove (Class of ‘94): Air Force astrophysicist and award-winning instructor at the US Air Force Academy.
- Amy Ronayne Krause (Class of ‘80): District and Court of Appeals judge, former assistant Attorney General, Chair of the Michigan Drug Treatment Court Advisory Committee.
- Jack Stephan: Royal Oak Kimball High School principal for 22 years whose 35 years of service with Royal Oak Schools began in 1953.
- Tracey Yokich (Class of ’78): Probate and Circuit Court judge. Three term Michigan House of Representatives serving on the Appropriation, Judiciary, Public Health, Conservation, Environment and Great Lakes Committees.
The 15 person volunteer committee would like to thank the public for its nominations of graduates and staff of Royal Oak’s public schools--including Royal Oak, Dondero and Kimball high schools. All inductees and their nominators have been mailed notifications of the December 4th ceremony.
Any nominees not inducted this year remain eligible for three total rounds and are welcome to submit further information to the committee via its website at www.ROHSHallOfFame.com. The committee spends many months over three rounds of voting and bases its decision-making on data submitted by the public.